Note to self diary - Today I have had and extensive talk about religion again with my housemates, which accounts from 8pm to 12pm of my day. We went from studying the bible, about what Jesus actually conveyed to the people, what they believe in, what he bible says, to the signs of the Hour, to talking about the life after death according to Islam, what hell and heaven are like, then to discuss about atheism, as one of my housemate is an atheist. We talked a lot about Jesus being a messenger of god, rather than being a god himself.
For the record, I did manage to ask one of my housemates during the chat about why he became an atheist, and I obtained logical and good answers from his perspective. I didn't have the chance to dig deeper into his thoughts though because of the time constraint. Probably I will have more opportunities like this in the future if Allah's willing.
Personally I reckon that by chatting with other people from other races with different background actually made you understand your religion a lot more, and it opens up your mind to new ideas and thoughts. Use your chance of being overseas wisely to learn and understand new things, things that you might not have the chance to experience when you are back home. It's quite a shame at times when people have prejudices, and sometimes some did took up the negative things that the locals love to do (this might not apply to all), but we never really wanted to take the good things that they practice such as being punctual into our life.
I ponder upon why the negative is more appealing than the positive.
punctual? haha. the lecturer always punctual. but my class always started at 9.10 instead of 9.
ReplyDeleteand the other good thing i love about them, they always give the best in every work teacher told them to do.
takde la nak wat cincai boncai. everything is taken so seriously!
=DD
kan :) aku yg malas ni pun kdg2 terpaksa rajin sbb nak sama dgn dorg haha
ReplyDelete